Pasta in Tomato Sauce



I love pastas but mostly cheese sauce. But my mom asked me cant you make the one with red sauce. So I found a good recipe modified it as per my taste. This turned out totally delicious. Now I love it too and so did my cousins and my mom.

  
Ingredients (serve 5/6 people)
 
Pasta - 6 cups (I used fussili)
Capcicum - 1 big bowl (mixed red , yellow, green)
Sweet corn - Half cup
Pasta Sauce - 6 cups
 
Method
 
Pasta Sauce
Tomatoes- 13 (blanched)
Onions - 2 big (finely chopped)
Garlic - 13/14 (if small) , 6 (if big) ... crushed and minced.
Olive oil- 3 tbps
Mixed herbs - 3 tbps. (dried or fresh)
Chilli flakes - 1 tbsp. (can adjust as per spice requirement)
Salt
 
In a pan add oil and garlic then heat it up. In doing so the flavour of the garlic gets in the oil.  Then add the onion and sauté till soft. De-skin and finely chop the blanched tomatoes. Add this to the pan...Cook together was 7/8 minutes.  Add chilli flakes, herbs and salt. keep on gas for another two minutes.
 
In a large vessel boil water , add salt, and olive oil and cook the pasta (as they say al-dante..)
 
In another pan , add olive oil , capcicum and corn..(you can add other veggies also like broccoli, baby corn, zucchini). Cook till soft. Add the pasta sauce and cooked pasta. Mix well.
 
Check the seasoning and enjoy.
 
 

Comments

You can avoid onions but not garlic as that and herbs is what gives it flavour