Moong dal sabzi

My husband loves this sabzi very much. His maushi(mothers sister) used to make this for him so he used to call this maushi ka dal.

Initially thinking it is moong dal I tried making on my own but never reached his liking consistency.

Then I asked my MIL what special her sister used to do and made it again. This time the flavours were bingo and my hubby went ga ga over it. I just realized it is so simple to make.. :)

Ingredients

Moong dal - 2 cups soaked
Green chillies - 1 slit lengthwise
Curry leaves / kadipatta - 5/6
Coconut scrapped - 1/2 cup
Tomato - 1 big chopped finely
Kshatriya masala / Red chilli powder - 1tsp
Salt
Tumeric powder - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish

Method

1) In a pan add ghee , jeera , green chilli, kadipatta. Fry till aroma comes.

2) Add the soaked moong dal and mix well.

3) Add tomato, masala, tumeric powder, salt. Mix well.

4) Add water but little by little and let it cook on low flame.

5) This dal is not as watery as dal but also not dry as a sabzi. Its a mixed not too mushy dal sabzi.

6) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati.

Comments