Watermelon rind and coconut chutney

When I cut the watermelon over the weekend remembered that many people in my food group had tried the rind in making dosas and chutneys. I felt wow lets just look up the recipe and voila ill have my chutney.

However it wasnt as easy as I thought. Didn't find a proper chutney recipe to go with my dosa. So decided to come up with my own.

Had to get rid of the raw flavour so decided to grill the rind. You can even try pan roasting it.

Then added a few more ingredients and my chutney was ready.

Ingredients
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 1 pod
Green chillies - 3/4
Watermelon rind - 1/2 cup
Salt, sugar

Method
1)First grill the rind for 10-12 minutes on high till u get a char on them and most of the liquid is evaporated.

2) Then mix all together and grind.

The charred gives a slightly smoky flavor to the chutney.

Comments