Kesar Mango lassi

An announcement in an fb group for summer coolers made me want to blog this favorite drink of mine.

Till a few years back I did not like sweet lassi. I felt it was too sweet and creamy for my liking. Then a tasting from a local sweet mart made me change my opinion. The trick is to not add too much sugar so the tartness of the curd remains. 


Ingredients

Curd 1 cup (chilled)

Mango puree 1/4 cup or 1/2cup mango pieces (Alphonso preferable) (chilled)

Sugar 2 tbsp

Kesar in warm milk 2 tsp

Dry fruits and mango pieces to decorate

Malai for garnish (optional ..I didn't use)


Method

1) In a blender add the curd, mango puree, sugar and kesar and give a good whisk. 

2) Add a little water if needed but better to keep it thick and creamy. 

3) Pour in a glass and garnish with scraped dry fruits and mango pieces. You can also add a thick layer of malai if you like.

4) Use chilled ingredients or make and keep to chill. Add mango only while serving. 


Comments